Celtic Cinch Back Pack

Hello Readers!
I’ve recently been climbing my mountain of WIPs to try and stop it from getting any bigger. Crafter problems am I right? I was able to cross 2 of those projects off my list, both of them from over a year ago! To see the Witch’s Shawl check out my recent Instagram post! This article is dedicated to the other hot off the hook project I am obsessed with! It is already plastered all over my instagram page and blog. Everything about this creation is exciting to me: the colours, the material, the stitch style, and that it's finally done!


The Celtic Cinch Back Pack is an original Katlike Creation using Lily Sugar n’ Cream cotton yarn in Golden Mist Ombre. I bought the yarn with the intention of making a bag; cotton is very durable, doesn't stretch and the non-mercerized cotton yarn prevents the straps from sliding through the opening or off your shoulders. 

Also this colourway gives me such joy! Yellow is a great colour like that, when paired with the crisp white and cool grey it stands out even more!

During the planning stage I was inspired by those cheap drawstring backpacks that every-other brand gives out as swag bags plastered with their logo. Every single one of those bags I’ve had has broken, so I set out to make a more permanent solution. I really like the mechanics of how those bags work: the bag closes and stays closed while you're wearing it! Convenient for the crafter on the go!


At this point in the design stage, I stumbled upon the Celtic Weave stitch and fell in love! I have designed this so the Celtic Weave is only on the outside and the section that sits against the back is flat. The straps (that are actually one long strap) attach at the base and weave through the spaces at the opening to allow it to be cinched tight while being worn. It can be worn as a back pack or a cross-body bag!

This would make a great bag for the gym, or the beach, or your latest WIP! Let me know what you would use it for in the comments below, and let me know if you would be interested in a pattern - if I get enough response I just might be tempted!
Until next time,
I’m Kat and that’s that!



Comments

  1. Did you ever release a pattern for this? It's adorable, and I'd love to try one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissia,

      I have not released a pattern for this bag as of yet - but based off its popularity I may need to!
      Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts