Yarn Stash Storage Update

Hello Readers!
I have something new to show you! Not a new project this time, but some new furniture! That might not sound as thrilling as it is to me but... NEW YARN STORAGE!
Yes that's right! I've finally attempted to tame the wild beast that is my yarn stash. It took some effort but I think I've found it all... I had it "stashed" away in bins, hidden from sight, all around my office. Not easy to know whats in your stash when you can't see it! (It also feeds my need to buy more yarn since I obviously don't have enough already!)
I've been longing for a better storage solution for my yarn for some time now - and I wanted to feel the same joy I do in the craft store when I enter my crafting zone.
The walls and walls of yarn have such a soothing effect. While I don't have nearly enough yarn to stock a store (though its close), I wanted to have it displayed in some way. I've also been collecting reference on my pinterest for what styles of display I like most.
Finally the time came when my fiance said, "You know, I think we need another shelf in the office!" We decided on this lovely grid shelf from JYSK - if you are interested you can find it here!
 Now he was under the impression this shelf would be for his books - and with some convincing we agreed to split the shelf for yarn and books. Little did he know I wasn't going to be splitting it 50/50. (He got one cube - which I may take back as I finish organizing my stash). This shelf, in combination with the chest Logan got me back in February, will be my new storage solutions.

As you can see this chest has a drawer and a lift-top - the top portion will be allocated for my WIPS and the bottom drawer for scraps and balls of yarn that aren't quite past the point of usefulness. This keeps the shelf open for my more aesthetically pleasing yarn. Currently I have it divided partially by colour and partially by size:

  • 1 cube for neutral colours 
  • 1 for tiny balls of yarn
  • 1 for my crochet books and patterns
  • 1 for Blues and Purples
  • 1 just for Green (my favourite colour)
  • 1 for warm colours
  • 1 for multiple balls of the same yarns
  • 1 for multicoloured and yarn on cones 
  • and currently Logan has the final cube (but not for long because I still have more yarn to unpack!)
I'll certainly be posting more pictures of my organizational progress over on my instagram so be sure to check in every once and a while!
Until next time,
I'm Kat and that's that!

Comments

Popular Posts