Wedding Weaving

Hello Readers!
MY BEST FRIEND GOT MARRIED!!!

I am beyond excited for her and her darling husband's life together and I was so thrilled to support them on their day as Maid of Honour! I also had the joy of doing Margot's makeup; this "made up" part of her wedding gift and the other part I share with you now!

I wanted to create something for both of them for their wedding gift - Margot has received a weaving from me in the past and Greg really liked it - so I thought a nice wall hanging to remind them of their happy day was the way to go.

I asked them what sorts of colours they intended to decorate their home with and they both said: Orange! I did my best to incorporate that into my design - but I thought a neutral background would be best. I created the weave with a sumac stitch boarder, and cross stitched their initials and wedding date on in orange variegated yarn.

This way they get to see their joyous date all the time and are reminded of the love I have for both of them also. I always say a homemade gift is the way to go!
You'll be seeing more crochet and wedding themed posts in the future as I create details for my own big day!

Until next time,
I'm Kat and that's that!

Comments

Popular Posts