Welcome Back!

Hello again my (incredibly patient) readers!

I’m back at it after almost a year and a half, and I wanted to reintroduce/explain myself a bit.

How It All Began

When I started this blog I was a waitress only working 3 days a week, and getting increasingly bored with the other 4 days a week. To cure the boredom, I got back into a lot of my past hobbies: playing guitar, writing prose and poetry, photography, and crochet! I realised that I should be sharing my creations instead of keeping them all for myself (so selfish!). Once I made up my mind on that I knew that I also wanted to inspire creativity in others! Making a blog the best option to share my art with others. With a blog I could showcase my own artistry, create a community of support, and build a customer base for future monetising. I had lofty goals for my little corner of the Internet but, at the time, I didn't have the drive or focus to achieve it. Even with the majority of my time being at home I didn't use it to my advantage. (Hence only 3 prior posts, all a month or more apart.) I had a lot of support from family and friends, but none of it motivated me to aim higher. I was constantly tired from my day job and my brain just wanted to relax the rest of the time.

Why It All Stopped

That's when life started becoming difficult. My loving, wonderful, boyfriend Logan was working a full time job while I was working part time. This job was not ideal for him; he was stressed all the time. It finally got to the point where the stress was affecting his health and our home life. Something had to change. I had been waiting tables at this one diner for over 4 years, and I needed some change too! Life has this way of making you do what you need to do,  but sometimes at the expense of what you want to do. So I put down my hook and yarn, picked up my resume, and went job hunting! I hunted for a full time job to replace Logan’s income, so he could focus his efforts on his passion: video game development. I quickly found a full time cashier position at a different restaurant and as soon as I was settled at my new job, Logan was able to leave his, making me the breadwinner.
Logan and I

It was rough going from 2 incomes to 1, but we made it work. Now, doing 40 hour weeks, my brain doubled down on laziness on my time off. Time went on and I got a promotion. First to Front of House Manager and then to Assistant Manager! This came with a very nice salary increase, but I was expected to do 50 hours a week! Now I barely had time to even see Logan, and we live together! So again, the blog fell to the wayside, and all my hobbies with it. While management status comes with a lot of good, it also brings with it a significant amount of stress! I was bringing work home with me everyday, I was thinking about what was happening without me on my days off, and I was crying in the mornings before my shifts because I truly did not want to go. When it got to that point I realised this was exactly what happened to Logan. It had infected every part of my life with negativity, and it was affecting my physical and mental health. Just over a year of working there, I gave my notice.

Where We're At Now

November 2nd was my last day, and while I have no bad memories of my time there, I know this was the right choice. I now have a full time work ethic and managerial skills that I can use towards my blog and crafting. I intend to make this a source of income as well, but until then it’s Logan’s turn to be the breadwinner at his new job (which he loves!) This time around things will be different! I am motivated, I have a vision, and I have that little bit more life experience that will push me to succeed!

So come back and visit, watch the journey that is about to take place and get inspired! You can do anything you put your mind to!



Until next time,
I’m Kat and that’s that!

Comments

Popular Posts