One & Done Shawl

Hello Readers!

My bestie Margot can be difficult to craft for… A) she is a knitter so I only want to make things she doesn't make for herself and B) she lives in neutral colours - and you know how much I love colourful projects. Luckily, my prayers to the craft gods were answered!
She and I ventured into a Michael's craft store together - which is always dangerous… and while I poured over the yarn selection, she noted a ball of Caron Big Cakes stating “I don't normally go for colour but I love this one!” It was the colourway Honey Glazed, with all the varied neutrals she loves, with a pop of burnt orange and mustard yellow! So I went back later that week and bought it! 
After some quick searching online I came across the One “Big Cake” Shawl by Nina Nicholson at Spoons & Hooks. I knew it was fate because one of the project photos was in the same colourway and it looks fantastic!

Nina notes in her pattern “This project requires very little effort for very gratifying results. Using only a single Caron Big Cake and the most elementary of crochet stitches, you can quickly make this versatile, one-size-fits-most piece that can be worn as either a shawl or a scarf.” She got it spot on! The pattern uses very simple stitches, but when completed it appears so intricate and detailed! Nina also offers instructions for a picot border - but I opted for 3 tassels at the points of the triangle. This project was so much fun to make and I will have to head back to the craft store so I can make one for myself too!

Be sure to check out the pattern at Spoons & Hooks and show off your own One “Big Cake” Shawl!

Until next time,
I'm Kat and that's that!

Comments

Popular Posts