Katlike Creations, an Introduction








Hello everyone, welcome to my humble blog: Katlike Creations.
This is a place of crafting and finding art in your everyday. This blog also acts as my portfolio, so please check out that page for accessories, home decor, and much more! It will be updated regularly so look back often for my new art. The eventual goal of this site is to start an online store so you can all have a part of Katlike Creations. I am also currently teaching myself to knit, and I will be sharing that process with you. I am starting with a pair of socks in a self striping yarn so expect progress pics of that in future posts.
Some of mediums that will be showcased are:
  • needle crafts such as:
    • crochet
    • embroidery
  • traditional drawings
  • watercolour paintings
  • digital illustrations
  • jewelry making
I want to share with you my inspirations to show where my ideas start. I take a lot of my inspiration from nature. I have always been fascinated by the patterns made by growing plants and tree branches. I am also inspired by many other artists. I let their creativity and successes influence me to work to the best of my potential. Hopefully, by sharing my process and progress, I too can be inspirational to someone. Here are a few of the artists I find inspiring:
  • Vincent VanGogh - famous traditional artist, and my absolute favourite
  • My mother is an avid crocheter and a huge influence on me. The rate at which she completes projects continues to baffle me.
  • All the artisans I've ever seen at street fairs or trunk sales. The ones who put so much love into their craft that it shines through every piece they create.
If you'd like to get to know the Kat behind the blog take a peek at the About Me page. To see some Katlike Creations check out the Portfolio page, and feel free to comment here with any questions you may have. Keep connected through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!


Until next time, I'm Kat, and that's that!


Comments

Popular Posts